Wednesday, September 15, 2010


Doug + Mike Starn on the Roof: Big Bambú
April 27, 2010–October 31, 2010 (weather permitting)
The Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Roof Garden

At the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY 
http://www.metmuseum.org 

I find the Starn brothers work to be amazing and to see their progression from photography to sculpture to installation work is amazing.
 ___________________________________________________





Mel Bochner, The Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco, Ca 
Sept 9th through Oct 30 2010 

http://www.fraenkelgallery.com



The work was presented with a note card stating that a "photograph can not record abstract ideas" Websters Dictionary. 
I found the idea of this to be interesting as I am currently debating, even if only with myself, if indeed there can be abstraction or thoughts of abstraction in a photograph. 


_______________________________________________________





David LaChapelle
Rape of Africa
chromogenic print
52 x 120 inches
At: Paul Kasmin Gallery, NY
www.paulkasmingallery.com

I chose this photo because this style of work is what I would like to be doing as an artist, creating photographs that fully fulfill the execution of an idea and a feeling through the creation of a scene, that and I just really like David LaChapelles work. 


_________________________________________________________

3 Photos by James


Ilford Delta 100 4x5, Neg.
 I found this house on the other side of town from me, the way the plants are taking back over reminds me how fleeting life is, and how sooner or later the earth will take back what it wants with or without us.

Ilford Delta 100 4x5, Neg.  
I hope this house doesn't get torn down, I think it would be interesting to see over the years the progression of the takeover or taking back.

________________________________________________________






Independence pass, Colorado looking South at Mt. Massive 14,421 feet 
Photo on Ilford Delta 100 4x5 Reversed to a slide by Dr5 Chrome in Dev 1
1/15 th. Sec @ F-45 Schneider 210 mm 


I chose this photo because it was part of a film test for tonal range of films reversed as slides by Dr5 Chrome, The results are stunning I would say somewhere around twelve stops of latitude (a Digital Camera has around 5-7 Stops of latitude) so its very pleasing to look at.


MTC.













No comments:

Post a Comment