Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blog-3   22 Sept 2010



Robert Doisneau
Sunday Morning in Arcueil 1945
www.masters-of-photography.com

I found this photo too intriguing because of the social implications created by the segregation, the way the women and the men are within the same area but do not seem to be engaging with one another.






Roger Fenton
Sebastopol from Cathcart's Hill
1855
www.masters-of-photography.com

 I'm not sure what to say about this photo, I feel like I could wright a book from this one scene, the mood of the action taking place and the position of the camera create this void, or a safe separation as if the act is something you may not want to be to close to.






John Gutmann
The Artist Lives Dangerously
San Francisco, 1938
www.masters-of-photography.com 


This almost seems like a twisted form of foreshadowing, as if the boy who is playing in the street is making his own chalk outline before he is run over by a passing car. I also like the playful way in which it is made as if to say death is staring us all in the face and all you can do is smile back.




3- Photos by James 


I have always found self expression to be something interesting in the behavior of people, in this case to place your political views on the back of you car is something like yelling through a bull horn at a deaf man, although I do find them entertaining and on some level I may even agree with the statement of some of them, I just don't relate to this approach.



 


Miss Butter Cup
So my daughter Riley has a rat for a pet and while that sounds appalling she is in fact a very sweet animal and is fun to play with, so I took her photo as now she is part of the family.





 I was sitting on a park bench wen I noticed this house in the trees with an interesting light on it, this is one of the last Polaroids I have shot and soon will be out of film, marking the passing of a time and a technology that once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment