Thursday, November 18, 2010

Blog 10

3 photo By James
Unknown Artist, Arapaho Light Rail Station
I selected this image because this is one of my first experiences with found art, as i was driving to a friends with my wife I spotted this installation. It appears to be an interpretation of Jeanne-Claude and Cristo's work constructed inside the Arapaho Light Rail Station, it was up for about two days and then was gone.   


I have always found the look of people peering over a object to be both strange and creepy, this photo shows two people looking over a somewhat strange and yet elegant wall, one of them is looking down into the unknown and the other is looking at me, the feeling of contradiction between the lit room or object in opposition and the two people looking over the wall is what I find appealing about the photo. 




I selected this photo because it's been a while since I have seen Tyler, he is a former employee at Denver Pro as well as a good friend which I have used as a model in a few of my photos.  This photo reminds me of him and the fun we had a work, but also create a mood that shows many of the aspects of Tyler in a single photo.  

Hear are a few photo of Tyler that I have made over the last two years.


The Confession, 2009


Untitled, 2009

 Untitled, 2009

Untitled, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment